- Mellow Mood News »
- Xpat interview: Daniel Penet
Xpat interview: Daniel Penet
Xpatloop.com made a personal interview with Daniel Penet, general manager of the opening Buddha-Bar Hotel Budapest Klotild Palace.
1. When did you arrive in Hungary and what brought you here?
I arrived in Hungary in January 2012, to monitor pre-opening and opening of Buddha bar Klotild Palace. After finalising operation processes and hiring 180 Staff members, we will operate this exceptional 5 stars property already worldwide known being featured in Hollywood film productions such as Underworld. We will propose 102 beautifully designed rooms and great Suites, the famous Buddha Bar Restaurant with lounge music, Siddharta Café, Klotild Lounge and Bar in the Sky … a conference center for Board Meetings and presentation with Character, a Spa for BuddhAttitude relaxation.
2. Have you ever been an expatriate elsewhere?
I have been travelling for short mission all around the world thanks to my occupation in Hospitality Business, this is my 5th hotel opening. As an expat living, I have been previously in :
Prague – Czech Republic, covering 6 countries (Czech Republic, Hungary, Croatia, Slovakia, Poland and Russia)
Marrakech and then El Jadida – Morroco, Accra – Ghana, Sousse – Tunisia.
3. What surprised you most about Hungary?
Coming back from Africa, temperature reaching easily -15 degrees I was not used to, but happy to see again snow
4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
They must absolutely see the Klotild Palace, an historical part of Budapest with unexpected modern interior design, and enjoy fusion food with Buddha Bar chill out music.
5. What is your favourite Hungarian food?
6. What is never missing from your refrigerator?
7. What is your favourite Hungarian word?
8. What do you miss most from home?
9. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
10. What's a job you would definitely never want?
I have interest in almost everything I do not know, and could do any kind of different jobs.
11. Where did you spend your last vacation?
12. Where do you hope to spend your next holiday?
13. What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
Favourite hobby has always been gliding sports (Snow Boarding, Wake Boarding, Para Gliding). I have also always been fan of driving (cars, motorcycles, boats, small aircrafts)
14. What can't you resist?
15. Red wine or white?
16. Book or movie?
17. Morning person or night person?
Both ! This is why I should have answered to question 14 … Sleep !
18. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
19. Buda or Pest side?
I am living on Pest side, but I like both sides of the Danube
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
Sun Shines after Rain Falls