Hungarian National Gallery
The Hungarian National Gallery is the largest public collection documenting and presenting the rise and development of the fine arts in Hungary.
It has operated as an independent institution since 1957. The Hungarian National Gallery moved to its present location in 1975, to the former Royal Palace of Buda, located in the renowned Buda Castle District a World Heritage site. The museum's collections cover Hungarian art in all genres, including the many twentieth-century Hungarian artists who worked in Paris and other locations in the West.
Address: 1014 Budapest, Szent György tér 2., Buda Palace Buildings A, B, C, D
Phone: (36-20) 439-7325
Opening hours: Every day from 10 am to 6 pm; closed on Mondays
Public Transport Access:
From Deák tér take Bus No. 16, alight at Clark Ádám tér and take the Funicular Railway to Szent György tér;
From Ferenciek tere take Bus No. 5 or Bus No. 78, alight at Dózsa György tér and take the Lift to Buda Castle;
From Moszkva tér take the Bus No. 16 to Dísz tér;
From Móricz Zsigmond tér take Tram No. 18, alight at Dózsa György tér and take the Lift to Buda Castle